Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Look at These Dental Tips to Avoid Future Dental Problems

Are your gums sore or do they bleed after you brush your teeth. Do you get toothaches on a regular basis? These are signs of future dental problems. This can be a serious development because there can be a direct correlation between gum disease, heart problems and diabetes. This article will give you some dental tips to help you maintain your dental health.
Most people in this situation haven't been to the dentist in years. This could be for financial reasons, procrastination, or perceived pain they may receive during their visit to the dentist.
Knowing that your dental health has a lot to do with your bodily health going to the dentist should be a priority. I can tell you from my personal experience what you can expect during your visit. Upon my arrival at the dentist I was a bit apprehensive but the staff put me at ease. They started a complete evaluation to address my overall dental health.
The dentist first took a look at my teeth for any signs of decay. This is important because it can help you avoid a serious toothache that if not treated can result in serious dental problems. Actually he found a cavity that was starting to give me some pain. It was filled during my visit.
Next he took digital x-rays to get a comprehensive picture of my mouth. This is important because it can tell if there is any decay in the teeth; detect any bone loss, whether you have any tumors, look at the condition of your roots and other conditions that can affect your dental health.
As a result of the x-rays an infection was detected in one of my teeth. This resulted in a root canal which I was thankful for because it saved my tooth.
A good look at your gums will be important to address any signs of periodontal disease. Also any plaque buildup around the teeth and gums will have to be removed to prevent future problems. A regular cleaning by the dental hygienist can help avoid many future gum and tooth problems.
Although I was congratulated for brushing and flossing on a regular basis a few problem spots were located on my gums. I was advised to see the dental hygienist each six months for a through cleaning. I have kept this schedule and my gums are now in great shape.
Oh I almost forgot. I had to get a crown also. My dental work took place over several visits. I was happy I decided to go my dental clinic when I did. If I had waited much longer it could have been much worse.
You may be wondering how much did all of this cost. I didn't have dental insurance since it wasn't offered by my employer and it was expensive to pay for it each month. So my dental visits set me back about $2,500. I have since purchased a dental discount plan which is very affordable. I calculated if I would have had this plan at the time of my dental visits it would have saved me about $1,100.
I hope these dental tips from my experience at the dentist will help you avoid any future dental problems. My name is Ivy Creel and I have some information below that can help you avoid a costly dental visit like I experienced. I sincerely hope you will make an effort to visit your dentist on a regular basis to maintain good dental hygiene.
Ivy Creel is very experienced in giving families and individuals good dental tips on how to go to the dentist on a very affordable basis. His recommendations are based on his personal experiences on how to save money when you go to the dentist. Go to his blog at http://www.discountdentalsite.com/ click at the bottom of any post and you will get a free look at over 30 different affordable dental plans in your area.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ivy_Creel
Ivy Creel - EzineArticles Expert Author
View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment